Saturday, September 16, 2006

Wish You Were Here

wrote this one in first year. don't really know how or why i started it, but i'm kinda sure the ending has something to do with the 'more sleepless nights' gal (can't be fully sure though, i was pretty messed up back then). here goes...

Wish You Were Here

The couple at the altar swear to be together
In sickness and in health, till death do them apart
Promises so sweet, so noble, so magnificent,
That if they are true, they must come from the heart

The parson closes his tome
And by the power vested within
Declares them man and wife,
And then the kiss is no sin

The bride so beautiful
Her gown so pretty and bright
Her eyes, sweet crystal, so pure in love,
So shy, Such fright

She is so weak, so faint
She may come to harm
But the groom so dashing, so powerful
Holds her in his arm

And for the thousandth time
In his mind does he pledge
That if my wife were to cry in fear and distress
I should be dead

For as long as I live
I swear on everything pure
I will protect her, love her,
Her troubles will I myself endure

I will die for my love
For my love is my life's purity
And though my heart may fade away
My love will last all eternity

And physically though we be together
Till the end of this life
I know that we shall forever
Remain husband and wife

And with these brave thoughts of undying love
He sweeps her off her feet
And walks down the aisle
For a strange new world to meet

For they both know that from the rising of today's matrimonial sun
The force of two is now the power of one

I watch them pass, and shrink away from their awesome power
The strength, the bond, their joy and love
Does nought for me in my last hour

My strength has gone, my mind, my will
But not my love. No! Never!
For as long as love does exist in this cruel world
I will love you forever and ever

And if tomorrow never comes
If on my cheek this be my last tear
I shall wish, wish in my last gasp at life
Wish you were here.

4 comments:

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

lotta poems. holy crap, when did you discover an emotional side to yourself!!! god the people from VB would be shocked if they were ever to read any of this!

KAPPI said...

yes biki leaves me shocked.

Shan28 said...

Fascinating piece of work...these words have the power to uplift and transport anyone to a completely unreal and an exremely peaceful state of existence. A must read!

Kd said...

Fascinating piece of work...these words have the power to uplift and transport anyone to a completely unreal and an exremely peaceful state of existence. A must read!