Friday, September 15, 2006

For the One Who Never Was

oh, this one's a killer. i was head over heels for this girl. man, she could weave magic around me with a flicker of a smile. i could go on about her, but i'll let the blog do the talking, so to speak. this is some private stuff, but heck, it's old news anyway. if the girl i'm talking about sees it, then i'm sorry if you mind. this is my vent. i'm human, and tonight i wanna talk. check it out...

The Shoe Story

my dad once brought me a pair of sports shoes from abroad. they were beautiful, they had a great colour, they fit like a glove and it felt like i was walking on air in them. i fell in love with them the moment dad took them out of his travel bag.i put them on and strutted around the house in them, making my brother jealous. they were too awesome to be worn all the time, so i determined that i'd only wear them on special ocassions, you know, ocassions that would fit their grandeur. i waited and waited, and finally the ocassions came. but i was never satisfied. i kept telling myself that the time was not right, that the ocassions just weren't big enough. the shoes stayed safely in my locker, untouched except when i would take them out and dust them or wear them briefly around the house. and then the day came when i finally decided that it was about time that i put them on and go out. i put on my best clothes, took out a pair of new socks and finally sat down to put on my precious shoes. but i couldn't put them on! they were too small; i had outgrown them! try as i might, i couldn't get my feet to get into the shoes comfortably. when i finally got one on, it was too painful to keep on. mom saw me then and said to me, "there, are you happy now? your feet are too big now for those shoes. what a waste!"
i was heartbroken. i kept the shoes back in their place and went for the party in my old shoes. within a few days, without telling me, my mom gave my shoes away. my new shoes, my favourite shoes, the ones which i had waited so long to wear, were gone.
i was angry. i shouted at my mom. how dare she do this with my shoes? but in the end, i realised that i had just waited too long. my dreams of proudly walking around in them, my hopes of showing them off to the world remained just that, dreams and hopes.

those were just shoes.

what am i to you?

just a thought...

No comments: