Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Hey Lil' Girl...

This is one of my crappy attempts at songwriting. I wrote this song in my 2nd year on one of the gals I’ve had a crush on. Nothing happened of course (which in retrospect is a very good thing cuz this girl falls in the category which I loosely term a royal pain in the ass. Of course, at the time I wrote this song, I didn’t know that). I felt like putting it up cuz the lyrics have kinda become relevant nowadays. Same subject (a crush), different object (another gal, definitely not a royal pain in the ass!!). as such the original song was only very loosely based on the earlier gal. it's much more suited and relevant to my latest crush. I’ve made some slight mods in the lyrics (like removing words like ‘yeah’ and ‘babe’) but the rest is the same as when first written…


Hey Lil’ Girl, I’ve been looking at you for a while now,
Standing in the sun with your hair flying.
Hey Lil’ Girl, you’ve got me thinking about my life right now,
All these years I’ve just been dying.

I never thought it’d be so easy to like somebody,
But girl you’ve just got it made.
I’ve had my heart broken many times in the past you know babe,
But life’s a game that should be played.

Hey Lil’ Girl, I haven’t said “I Love You” to anyone for a while now,
I just can’t say it without a reason.
Hey Lil’ Girl, I ain’t saying that I’m in love or anything like that there,
I just think maybe you’re the one.

This ain’t the first time, yeah I’ve felt for a girl or two before
But what I felt I was too scared to say.
I did nothing in particular and I did it well but not this time hey,
I guess it’s about time I changed my ways.

Hey Lil’ Girl, I know that your life is a mess right now
Maybe that’s just what I like.
I don’t want Miss Perfect, I don’t need Miss Congeniality,
I only need you by my side.

Hey Lil’ Girl, I know that right now your answer’s NO but that’s ok,
I’m gonna take another shot, oh yeah.
‘Cuz everything I do, I do with all my heart, you know that,
And that’s a lotta heart I’ve got.

I ain’t letting go so easy that’s just not how I play,
I’m really sorry, it’s not my way.
You think things are complicated now,
Well take out that list and put my name.

Hey Lil’ Girl, I know that you think I’m not the best guy for you,
But gimme a shot you may be surprised.
I know that there are lotta fish in that there sea but I’m telling you now,
I ain’t letting go without a fight!

4 comments:

Amortya Ray said...

Nice!

Amortya Ray said...

I kinda totally identify with it. Especially oflate!

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

love is over-rated,
flirt instead, its easier, no baggage and scientifically proven to be healthier!!!
lol,
bikram...

Anonymous said...

yummmmmm